Bill Johnson – Notes on leading from personal encounter
• Bible study without Bible experience is pointless.
• It is hard for us to display a theology beyond our own God encounters. The bottom line is for us to stay hungry for God Himself.
• Our heart will take us places that our head won’t fit. The mind was designed to follow, not lead. If I don’t stay hungry, I will become an “expert” (and then we become dangerous to the move of God).
• Joshua 24:31 “Israel served the LORD all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders who outlived Joshua, who had known all the works of the LORD which He had done for Israel.” Something happens to us as leaders when we become exposed to a world that we cannot understand or explain.
• I have to live in a way that I am exposed to the supernatural realm. Moses got “over-exposed” to the radiance of His glory and came out literally shining.
• The Lord is changing the church through a revelation of His goodness.
• Bill’s desire is that we have an encounter at home, rather than just an encounter at Bethel. It is not a location that is important, but it is that we indeed have on-going deeper encounters in the Lord.
• Bill stays the healthiest when he stays the hungriest.