12 ATTRIBUTES OF COURAGE
1. Courage refuses to give up long after everyone else has gone home.
2. When people insist they can’t change, courage says, “You’re better than that.”
3. Courage refuses to take the temperature of the crowd to determine which virtues are in vogue.
4. Courage falls down but it gets back up; when it looses a battle it contents for a victory; when it’s locked in a prison, it’s freed by an earthquake.
5. Drag courage into a cold, dark alley and leave it for dead; it will strike a match and set the world on fire.
6. Courage doesn’t cower in the face of public opinion or waver when the world waffles.
7. When the voice of reason stutters and common sense stammers, courage utters a clear, clarion call.
8. When vicious voices shout courage down, it only makes it more determined to stand straight up.
9. If you oppress courage, it multiplies; if you pound it into a puddle, it becomes a river of life; if you pull it back, it intensifies the velocity of hope.
10. When fear says “dim the lights,” courage says, “arise and shine”.
11. When life leaves the beaten path, courage enjoys the journey.
12. Sometimes courage doesn’t roar, but it’s the quiet voice at the end of the night that says, “We will try again tomorrow.”Your destiny lies on the other side of the valley of the shadow of death. Don’t give up!
If you would like to subscribe to my newsletter, sign up here: http://krisvallotton.com/